FIVE ATTITUDES EVERY CHRISTIAN NEEDS (by Janine Mick Wills)
Did your mother or father ever tell you, “Don’t show me that attitude”? I would venture to guess, you knew exactly what that parent meant. And it wasn’t in a good way either.
Christians should strive to always be in a positive state (attitude). Here are five attitudes we should work on:
- An attitude of positive faith – Faith is necessary for salvation (Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God) and our daily walk with the Lord (Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him).
- An attitude of gratitude – All good things come from God (James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning), and we should always be thankful for all He’s done and is doing. Not only is this the right thing to do, God commands it of us (1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you).
- An attitude of love – We love Him, because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). Because of this love, we can then love others (1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God).
- An attitude of hope – Hope for today and eternity is what helps us get up in the morning and go off into our day. It is right up there with faith and love (1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity). A person without hope is lost in spirit (Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life).
- An attitude of obedience – Just as your children should obey you, so much more should we obey our heavenly father. In obedience is great joy and peace (Psalm 119:65 Great peace have they which love (obey) thy law: and nothing shall offend them). Obeying God is an expression of our love for Him, and He’s declared it to be easy to do (1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous).
As you’ve read this post, you’ve probably thought of some other attitudes we Christians should have/exhibit. Please share in the comment box below.